The North Dakota Land Board has awarded more than $27 million in grants to airports throughout western North Dakota. The grants add to the $11 million awarded by the FAA. In total, more than $38 million has been awarded airports in the state.
The bulk of the funding will be allocated in areas impacted by Bakken oil and gas development. The largest grants include:
- Minot - $22.2 million from the state
- Bowman County - $4.6 million from the FAA and $1.9 million from the state
- Bismark Airport - $2.3 million from the FAA
- Dickinson Airport is getting $1.9 million from the FAA and $1.2 million from the state
- Crosby - $1 million from the state
No other airport is getting more than $500,000 in grant funding. The state set aside $60 million in Energy Impact Grants to fund airport projects. The $27 million awarded is the first round of distributions.
Read the full press release from the Governor's office at governor.nd.gov