Harold Hamm followed reports from the NDIC that production had surpassed 900,000 b/d with a prediction that the Bakken will ultimately produce 2 million b/d.
His company, Continental Resources, controls over 1 million acres and produces approximately 80,000 boe/d from the Bakken.
A few other notable comments included:
- We're 75% of the way to fully optimizing the Bakken
- He believes our borders should be opened to oil exports
- He doesn't expect an oil price crash. Oil is simply harder to find and produce than natural gas
- Oil prices will remain in the $90-100 bbl range
- The chances Keystone XL will be built are dwindling
Mr. Hamm was speaking at the Bloomberg Oil & Gas Conference held October 17, 2013 in Houston.